Emergency Preparedness for Pets
The Rancho Mirage Code Compliance/Animal Services Division in conjunction with the Rancho Mirage Emergency Preparedness Commission is proud to introduce this innovative program, which provides residents an opportunity to obtain a Pet Identification Card (PIC), which includes a photo as well as detailed information about you and your pet. Contact the Animal Services Division of the City of Rancho Mirage for more information: (760) 343-3644 or click here for the City of Rancho Mirage Pet Registration Form.
Pet Emergency Preparedness Kit
Help keep your loved ones safe during an emergency by purchasing some basic supplies to get your pet through the emergency. All of these supplies should be available from your local Wal-Mart or other general store.
Cat Litter, tray, and scooper
- Bag of dry pet food
- Disposable latex free gloves
- Elastic bandages
- First aid scissors, tweezers, and flashlight
- Your pet’s toys
- Your pet’s leash
- Break-away collar for cats
- Water/food tray
- Bucket in which to store these supplies
You should also contact your veterinarian to determine if you can store a reserve of prescription supplies if your pet has special needs.
- Store your kit in an easily remembered and accessible location such as your garage or a closet near your front door.
- Have a carrier or cage available should you need to keep your pet contained for short periods of time.
Information provided by: Animal Services, City of Rancho Mirage